Start a new topic
Answered

RecordEvent problem

Greetings,

I decided to test the DDNA.Instance.RecordEvent feature by following the tutorial in the Unity SDK Integration guide. After  checking a registered event in the Event Browser, I checked the JSON file that was recorded and tested it in Interactive Event Validator only to show errors. The first thing I noticed is that the result returned by the Event Browser has a different format than what was displayed in the Integration guide example, notably, the parameters aren't cascaded under "eventParams": { } 

I would like to know if I did something wrong/forgot to add a line of code in my implementation.

Thanks

png
png
png

Best Answer

Hi Bryan, 

The Event Data displayed for valid events in the event browser tool shows the event data after it has been processed, passed validation and is ready for insertion in to the analytics database. During the the event validation processing we flatten out any arrays, typically found on product objects, in to multiple rows and we inject some additional parameters on to the events e.g. collectInsertedTimestamp, mainEventID, eventDate etc.. 

However, on invalid events the event browser will display the exact event JSON you posted to the platform.

So, you cannot paste data from valid events from the event browser in to the interactive validator, you can only do that for invalid events.

Answer

Hi Bryan, 

The Event Data displayed for valid events in the event browser tool shows the event data after it has been processed, passed validation and is ready for insertion in to the analytics database. During the the event validation processing we flatten out any arrays, typically found on product objects, in to multiple rows and we inject some additional parameters on to the events e.g. collectInsertedTimestamp, mainEventID, eventDate etc.. 

However, on invalid events the event browser will display the exact event JSON you posted to the platform.

So, you cannot paste data from valid events from the event browser in to the interactive validator, you can only do that for invalid events.

1 person likes this

Thanks for the response.

Login or Signup to post a comment